It's terrible.

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
Patchouli Knowledge
Townsman
Reactions:

It's terrible.

Post by Patchouli Knowledge »

The current audit is too strict, and plug-in production is becoming more and more troublesome. Does the official want to destroy the foundation of the game:(

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: It's terrible.

Post by Bearbear76 »

I feel like I have some responsibility here and I'm willing to change how strictly I audit plugins. However, you would need to be more specific about what
exactly you think is 'too' strict (and I would also like to hear other people's opinions about it too). It's difficult to find a harmonious state where both the creators and users (people who just download plugins) are equally content. Make the rules too relaxed and the users will be discontent. Make it too strict and the creators will be discontent. And I honestly don't think I will ever find this balance. Also, I have no intentions of destroying the game.

PixelDubs
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Bearbear76 wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 15:04
I feel like I have some responsibility here and I'm willing to change how strictly I audit plugins. However, you would need to be more specific about what
exactly you think is 'too' strict (and I would also like to hear other people's opinions about it too). It's difficult to find a harmonious state where both the creators and users (people who just download plugins) are equally content. Make the rules too relaxed and the users will be discontent. Make it too strict and the creators will be discontent. And I honestly don't think I will ever find this balance. Also, I have no intentions of destroying the game.
My idea is allow only good plguins.
I keep seeing trash, bus spam plugins which should be in a pack, people putting price over 30, *infact IMO just remove the ability to earn diamonds from plugins, will keep much trash off the store, and plugins madein 5 mins.
Once I saw a plugin that is just an unused game texture.

Pinetoken
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Pinetoken »

I love making packs

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

PixelDubs wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 15:56
Bearbear76 wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 15:04
My idea is allow only good plguins.
I keep seeing trash, bus spam plugins which should be in a pack, people putting price over 30, *infact IMO just remove the ability to earn diamonds from plugins, will keep much trash off the store, and plugins madein 5 mins.
Once I saw a plugin that is just an unused game texture.
That just raises the question "What is a good plugin?" which is purely subjective (give this question to 10 people and they will all have a different answer).
Sure, only approving the obviously good plugins would be easy but just because you made a good plugin (I would assume most people would refer to the texture) doesn't mean you are not susceptible to the "harsh" disapprovals (which is really the main topic here). It's actually quite rare for a plugin to not be disapproved once regardless of the quality. Besides, I don't want to do that as I see the plugin store as a place where the community can share their creations and not being a museum where only the best plugin creations reside. And that just comes back to the original question where do I draw the line?

As to the issue with diamonds I agree with your concerns and, while I personally haven't seen such plugins, I would encourage anyone to report such cash-grab plugins to the moderators (probably via PM would be the quickest). However, I don't think diamonds are the root of all evil and I believe it brings more good than bad. For the plugin creators the diamonds would act as an incentive and for the developers it adds value to diamonds and removing it (or adding an option to remove it) would reduce their revenue in one way or another.

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

Pinetoken wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 00:43
I love making packs
Your packs are nice. :)