The reporting function for some idle players

Here you can talk about everything you want.
Bevise
Micy's Assistant
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

The reporting function for some idle players

Post by Bevise »

Let's seeing those pictures:
Show
Click
touchmaster_1589866054853.jpeg
touchmaster_1589866416665.jpeg
touchmaster_1589866448031.jpeg
touchmaster_1589866454629.jpeg
I don't know what they are doing but I think them too idle. Although such reports are just spam, so, the plugin store needs a reporting button for what? They're abusing the reporting button to get attention (they like to show themselves). :?

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: The reporting function for some idle players

Post by Bearbear76 »

I don't think reports in the plugin store hold any meaning anymore as they are abused so much.
First the report was purely textual so you could write anything which made the report section into some weird spam area.
So, now it's a selection type, which still ends up with users making false reports (which was kinda predictable), but looks cleaner.
Thinking about it now the old system might be easier for moderators to find actual reports as it would usually look like this:
old reports wrote:adlfajfioeaf
weil es cool
kjfasjlinfalfasdkflasdf
hiuhkhkjkhjhhhhhhhh
doesnt work!!! <-- I don't think people will write false complaints, so it's likely true
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
This is definitely easier to spot than:
new reports wrote:sexual
sexual
sexual
sexual
violent or repulsive
violent or repulsive
which one is a true report? :?
Another way of enforcing would be either making it more strict or more of a effort to report.
We could make it more strict/harsh by temporarily banning people who false report from the plugin store, but the downside would be
that the moderators would have to review all of the reports manually which would be a huge effort.
What about making it more of an effort to report?
Let's say that in order to report you would have to make a post on the forum as it would take a bit more time than just clicking on a button.
the downside would be that moderators would still have to disapprove spam messages on the forum which there might be an influx of, also looking at cases from the plugin problems thread some people might post an obscure report like "doesnt work" and not follow up to any of the questions.
There's no perfect way of making a report system, if we make it more strict we might punish people who accidentally made a report, and making it more of an effort might deter actual reports from being reported.

TLDR:
Just ignore it, it's the best way to deal with it for now :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Smalltalk”