Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
Defusedcreeper
Settler
Reactions:

Transportation and how to manage it

Post by Defusedcreeper »

:android
I'm kinda new to the game and I'm enjoying a ton
The only problem is that I genuinely for the life of me don't know how to deal with the traffic problems in my city
I tried a lot of things and now idk what to do
All my citizen keep using one road event tho I built them more leading to traffic
Pls help
Thx

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Transportation and how to manage it

Post by CommanderABab »

Defusedcreeper wrote:
21 May 2024, 02:42
:android
I'm kinda new to the game and I'm enjoying a ton
The only problem is that I genuinely for the life of me don't know how to deal with the traffic problems in my city
I tried a lot of things and now idk what to do
All my citizen keep using one road event tho I built them more leading to traffic
Pls help
Thx
You might limit the area zoned next to each road, thus spreading out demand for roads.

MikeBricks
Settler
Reactions:

Re: Transportation and how to manage it

Post by MikeBricks »

One thing that I do that works fairly well is to have main avenues (two one way roads on opposite directions) with a couple of connections to a separate area with a service road that runs parallel to the main avenue. Make sure the opposite directions of the main avenue don't connect to each other, to prevent people trying to cross the opposite lanes or do a U turn. Traffic on the avenues must flow as uninterrupted as possible.

That way, people going to that area will leave the main avenue and go to the service roads, alleviating traffic.

Also try to keep industrial areas small and separated. They create a lot of traffic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”