Giant Map Size

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
PickledCucumber64
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Giant Map Size

Post by PickledCucumber64 »

Me 2 months ago:
Wow! What a great landscape! There's a bay over here, a lake over there, a small river in the South-West, but other than that, it's all land! I'm going to build the best and richest city ever! Well, first I want some highways...
2 months later
Oh dear! I've seem to have ran out of space for city growth, MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE STYLE. Hmm, that spot's a buffer zone, too close to the map edge, who wants to live there? There's several nuclear power plants. I want more land!

And that is why I want: a giant map size. I think for the briefest moment one DID exist when I was beta testing 295 (now use 301). But I'm not so sure about that one. You might say, "But it might cause lower-end systems to crash," but a warning can stop you. Sure, I could rework and redesign my city to make it as dense as possible, but I don't want to make an overcrowded slum. But how big will it be the giant map be?

It could be 4x bigger, for instance, a huge map but another on in the X and the other in the Y direction and another in the gaping hole in the East corner. 2x bigger, with the same setup but only half a huge map in the X and Y direction and a quarter in the corner, 8x bigger, but that's complete nonsense. Or is it?

I don't know, I just want more space to quench my city-building thirst.

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by Lobby »

When you enable debug mode and experimental features in the settings, you will be able to create giant individual cities.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”