No copyright infringement! A copy of a plugin, images or other media is allowed if the original author explicitly permits it to be uploaded to the Plugin Store or if the copy is a replica of the original and recreated from scratch. Plugins cannot contain "memes" or copyrighted trademarks in general (unless you have explicit permission and are able to prove that). If a plugin consists out of memes, it has to be an original creation that is somewhat related to TheoTown. Memes that have copyrighted content like Spongebob or Minecraft in them aren't allowed.
For more information about copyright see this topic.
Plugins should have a creative part in them, for example graphics that aren't part of the game yet. Abstract/empty plugins typically aren't allowed. For example a null/nothingness plugin isn't ok. As a rule of thumb: A plugin shouldn't look as if you could put it together within 5 minutes. Low quality plugins can be posted, but multiple postings of low quality plugins (which looks as if you're uploading them for the sole purpose of earning diamonds) could be punished.
Some measurements for "bad quality" of a plugin:
- The plugin clearly shows little to no creativity, created for quantity instead of quality.
- It's graphics doesn't match to Theotown's graphics at all.
- It has a solely abstract meaning or is basically a "copy and paste" of a picture, with no effort required other than adding it into the game.
- It's main purpose is to circumvent the monetization of the game. Plugin support was added with the intention to allow plugins to co-exist with in-game contents. Plugins that threaten this co-existence may not be uploaded to the Plugin Store.
- Technical compliance
Our main goal is to avoid technical issues with plugins. This means:
- If you are using new game features please specify the min version value in the upload form accordingly. Unsupported clients won't see/get updates for that plugin then. If there are issues because of that we might have to remove your plugin.
- It's up to you to ensure that your plugins won't "collide" with other plugins from the Plugin Store. You can ensure that by using unique ids for your plugin contents. If you want to share objects between multiple plugins (e.g. light animations) you have to include these into all of your plugins. To avoid id conflicts you can use then in your shared animation definitions so they will only be loaded once and won't produce an error on redefinition.
Code: Select all
- Dependence on other plugins isn't allowed. As described in b. include all of your needed resources into your plugin.
- Don't waste texture space. The Plugin Store doesn't help with the fact that the available texture space is limited (to either 2048x2048, 4096x4096 or 8192x4096 right now). If you need big images you might consider to split them into smaller parts. If you only use small textures (e.g. 32x16) don't worry too much about texture space.
Regarding the content itself you have to obey the usual rules (like it must not be illegal). In particular note that
- TheoTown is targeted to children and therefore plugins in the Plugin Store must preserve the content rating. This includes that your plugins may not show war scenes or violence.
Discussion for forum related things.
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:34
- Plugins: Show
- Version: Beta
- Phone model: S7 edge
In order to upload to the Plugin Store you have to obey the following rules. By not doing so we may delete your plugin or even remove your permission to upload to the store at all. If you are not sure if your plugin/idea of a plugin fulfills the rules please ask us in advance.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest