[Hong Kong][building in progress] Hong Kong style 6*3 low-class high dens. residential building (Rainbow estate)

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

kinsang_lee
Small-town resident
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

[Hong Kong][building in progress] Hong Kong style 6*3 low-class high dens. residential building (Rainbow estate)

Post by kinsang_lee »

Choi Hung(rainbow) residential tower has 488 flats per building (2:1 real life population scale)

The reason why I tuned down the population scale is because this building is rectangle. We can't create rectangle building in Theotown as far as I am concerned (the building has to be 2*2 3*3 4*4...). For that, I splited the building into two half so as to fake it :P . you could either build one or build two(that makes the whole building takes 6x3 space in your city)
The rooftop is also different from the original one this time. As I intended to visualize my vision in theotown :) Farming on rooftop. There are thousands of empty rooftop in Hong Kong. That would be awesome if landlord makes it available for farming. And I believe government should be the first one to set an example.
Choi Hung Estate (彩虹邨) is one of the oldest public housing estates in Hong Kong. It is located in the Wong Tai Sin District of Kowloon. When writing in Chinese, the word "彩虹" means rainbow in chinese.The estate is now managed by the Hong Kong Housing Authority same as Wah Fu estate. It received a Silver Medal at the 1965 Hong Kong Institute of Architects Annual Awards. This is definitely the most iconic public housing estate in Hong Kong. The whole estate has a total of 11 residential blocks. The estimated population of the estate is populated over 43,000 now. It was the largest public housing estate at the time. It subsequently attracted several prominent visitors, including Richard Nixon in 1964 (who became President of the United States in 1969), Britain's Princess Margaret in 1966, and Princess Alexandra in 1967.
There is no variant this time as this building is full of colors already. :lol: In order to finish the whole estate, you would need to build 22 of them B) . You will have 11,000 Theo families population. As always, treat them well! With proper education, poor people will become wealthy. :space
portal to Kevin Hung's plugin:
http://www.theotown.com/forum/search.ph ... =firstpost
He is also a hardcore fans of theotown from Hong Kong, do check out his building! ;) His drawings are awesome! especially Hong Kong double decker tram, totally love it! :fire
potential upcoming project:
Hong Kong cultural centre [Parks, Sports and culture] :fire
School of design building (known as V core), Hong Kong Polytechnic University (I am alumni) [low school high school] :fire
tribute to Zaha Hadid (1950-2016), an architect who consistently pushes the boundaries of architecture and designs this tower.
Working on it! DOWNLOAD WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!
Last edited by kinsang_lee on 13 Feb 2018, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

HarizHakimi20
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Re: [building in progress][Hong Kong] Hong Kong style 6*3 low-class high dens. residential building (Rainbow estate)

Post by HarizHakimi20 »

@kinsang_lee

Just do it!!! You must do it for theotown community :bc :bc :bc
Attachments
shia-labeouf-just-do-it-prints.jpg
shia-labeouf-just-do-it-prints.jpg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 6330 times

Assassin020603
Settler
Reactions:

Re: [Hong Kong][building in progress] Hong Kong style 6*3 low-class high dens. residential building (Rainbow estate)

Post by Assassin020603 »

Cool cool. But i dont think the post needs to be this long.

kinsang_lee
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Platform

Re: [Hong Kong][building in progress] Hong Kong style 6*3 low-class high dens. residential building (Rainbow estate)

Post by kinsang_lee »

Assassin020603 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 13:31
Cool cool. But i dont think the post needs to be this long.
My vision is hoping theo players can fall in love with different Hong Kong style building. And I do believe some of the theo players are interested in building back story, thus back story is essential in my post. :) I don't want people just come in the forum download some new buildings from me and other awesome content creators and go. I am offering a chance to have more understanding on the buildings like, at least, where is it from? what is so special about it? And hopefully theo players can visit Hong Kong and have a deeper look from their perspective. :) You could still scroll straight down to bottom to download. But that's not what I want :bx of course I don't know it if you do

Designer Anthony
Reactions:

Post by Designer Anthony »

When you will release the zip file for us, Kevin? Please tell us the exact date.

Designer Anthony
Reactions:

Ok, I will create my own and post it there.

Designer Anthony
Reactions:

Did you mean Choi Hung Estate? Link: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=13446
My version:
choihung2.png
choihung2.png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
choihung.png
choihung.png (4.62 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
choihungb.png
choihungb.png (4.55 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
choihung2b.png
choihung2b.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
Last edited by Designer Anthony on 10 Aug 2021, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Thise look nice!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”