Bela Hviern County

Display your city's beauty to the world. Capture and share captivating screenshots of your urban creations in this community forum. Inspire others with your remarkable designs and receive recognition for your visionary city-building skills!
Matt_ds_lasar
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Bela Hviern County

Post by Matt_ds_lasar »

Bela_Hviern_18-02-02_18.17.37.png
Bela Hviern (Rullego [made up] for 'Good Summers') is a city (or maybe group of cities?) that I have been working on.
It is sometimes called 'Beljourney' by foreigners who have trouble pronouncing the 'HV' in Rullego languages (it is pronounced kh(w) ot kh(oo) btw)
The project started on an island, and then moved counter clockwise-ish until I figured I filled up a decently large portion of the map.

The city is divided into 5 parts called wards:
Bela Hviern Wards.png
Bela Hviern Wards.png (197.58 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
1)West - Termi Latengo (meaning Lanegian End with a Lanegian being a resident of BH)
2)North - Lis Belanas (meaning The Towns )
3)East - Jantives (from the city's main river the Aya Jantive meaning 'Great River')
4)South - La Vilian (meaning 'The Flower')
5)Central - Heige Mourganne (meaning St. Morgan)

Central
St Morgan is where it all started for Bela Hviern. Though it is technically the city's old town, most of the town's old buildings have been destroyed rather to make way for its main avenue, or to make way for newer, taller, and denser buildings.
St Morgan is where it all started for Bela Hviern. Though it is technically the city's old town, most of the town's old buildings have been destroyed rather to make way for its main avenue, or to make way for newer, taller, and denser buildings.
West
Cape Lanegian (or Cape Lanes) is the second community I built. It was originally a harbour and industrial area, before I built the south's industry and port.<br />It was also the main CBD of BH, which can be seen by the old style buildings that line it's central park, before the North End took this title away from it.
Cape Lanegian (or Cape Lanes) is the second community I built. It was originally a harbour and industrial area, before I built the south's industry and port.
It was also the main CBD of BH, which can be seen by the old style buildings that line it's central park, before the North End took this title away from it.
North End is the main CBD for BH. It hosts major technology companies headquarters and offices. Faneora is a residential area for it (this city has a style of having tall downtowns, and lower density buildings surrounding them).
North End is the main CBD for BH. It hosts major technology companies headquarters and offices. Faneora is a residential area for it (this city has a style of having tall downtowns, and lower density buildings surrounding them).
Olympic Park and Stadium was built to serve Bela Hviern for an Olympic game it held years ago. It is now repurposed as the field for the Bela Hviern Sailors FC.
Olympic Park and Stadium was built to serve Bela Hviern for an Olympic game it held years ago. It is now repurposed as the field for the Bela Hviern Sailors FC.
Brundensbonne is the main residential area for the West. It has its own industrial area, as well as a large train terminus named the 'Central Terminus'. It used to have a small airport that took most of the city's wir traffic, but it was destroyed to make way for the Central Terminus.
Brundensbonne is the main residential area for the West. It has its own industrial area, as well as a large train terminus named the 'Central Terminus'. It used to have a small airport that took most of the city's wir traffic, but it was destroyed to make way for the Central Terminus.
South
Separated from the north by the Vilian Canal, are the threes main residential areas of the south. There's isn't really much to say about them, but Nuevo Jardin was built as a middle class residential project, and was only given this name because of its proximity to Jardin and that the government had no idea what else to call it.
Separated from the north by the Vilian Canal, are the threes main residential areas of the south. There's isn't really much to say about them, but Nuevo Jardin was built as a middle class residential project, and was only given this name because of its proximity to Jardin and that the government had no idea what else to call it.
Ribottone is a small town squeezed between its own farms, which in turn is squeezed between a highway, the 'El Jardin' Community of BH and an international airport. Yeah... That must suck...
Ribottone is a small town squeezed between its own farms, which in turn is squeezed between a highway, the 'El Jardin' Community of BH and an international airport. Yeah... That must suck...
Bela Hviern Huandere International Airport is the main airport of BH. It was built to move air traffic from an older inner city airport, which was destroyed later to expand Brundensbonne. It also has its own industrial area.
Bela Hviern Huandere International Airport is the main airport of BH. It was built to move air traffic from an older inner city airport, which was destroyed later to expand Brundensbonne. It also has its own industrial area.
Vilian is a town, located on an island, located in a lake, that is surrounded by a port. Li Palto (The Port) is the city's main industrial area and port.
Vilian is a town, located on an island, located in a lake, that is surrounded by a port. Li Palto (The Port) is the city's main industrial area and port.
East
The Hellan Mares Bridge named after a former mayor of Bela Hviern, spans the Aya Jantives to connect the South and East.
The Hellan Mares Bridge named after a former mayor of Bela Hviern, spans the Aya Jantives to connect the South and East.
Jantivonne, the first city I built in the entire Eastern Half (North+East) of BH. It is not really that interesting tbh.
Jantivonne, the first city I built in the entire Eastern Half (North+East) of BH. It is not really that interesting tbh.
Bremen (named after a YouTube series I watch sometimes) is the largest city in the Eastern Half of BH. It has its own industrial area on its far east (not shown) and train terminus called the Bremen Terminus.
Bremen (named after a YouTube series I watch sometimes) is the largest city in the Eastern Half of BH. It has its own industrial area on its far east (not shown) and train terminus called the Bremen Terminus.
Bonnabonne, the town with a lot of lakes. the Canto Lacs (4 Lakes) Race Course is a popular attraction.
Bonnabonne, the town with a lot of lakes. the Canto Lacs (4 Lakes) Race Course is a popular attraction.
North
Two highways, one leading to the North, and the other leaving the city.
Two highways, one leading to the North, and the other leaving the city.
Marcipanne, like the other cities in the Northern BH area, it is old and heavily forested. There is a highway built that tore the city into two halves, Marcipanne and West Marcipanne. There is also a dam or lock idk and canal for ships.
Marcipanne, like the other cities in the Northern BH area, it is old and heavily forested. There is a highway built that tore the city into two halves, Marcipanne and West Marcipanne. There is also a dam or lock idk and canal for ships.
Rhinebonne, the largest city in the north. It is home to the famous Gapa Christopher Gate and Palace.
Rhinebonne, the largest city in the north. It is home to the famous Gapa Christopher Gate and Palace.
St Michael's Bay, a sleepy fishing a resort town. The town is often referred to as the 'Seafarer's Paradise' by journalists due to its high concentration of citizens who own a boat.
St Michael's Bay, a sleepy fishing a resort town. The town is often referred to as the 'Seafarer's Paradise' by journalists due to its high concentration of citizens who own a boat.
Last edited by Matt_ds_lasar on 04 Feb 2018, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

Matt_ds_lasar
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Re: Bela Hviern County

Post by Matt_ds_lasar »

KoalaGuy wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 15:54
Beautiful! :bc
Map size is giant, right?
Thank you! I'm happy you like it. :)
The seed is 465643499
Size Colossal
Most of the forest is self added, and I think I filled up some of the lakes. Some land, like North End, is terraformed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Screenshots”