Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Complaint book of TheoTown

Post by wetguy »

I do not agree that tickets should be removed. However, I do think the bus system needs changes. It should not be this linear progression where each bus color is more expensive and carries more people. I think that tickets should rather unlock new bus models, rather than being currency to spend on buses. Buses should be bought with theons. This is just a suggestion.

Sandbox was not removed, it is only in experimental features mode now.

I do not agree that nothing should cost diamonds, especially if it is something like a landmark. I do think some things should be cheaper, such as the Buyback center and the Aircraft boneyard, but landmarks are completely non-essential to the game.

I believe that Lobby should try to make Theotown the way Theo meant it to be, with the features Theo wanted to add to the game, and without making changes that make no sense, like removing the original music.
Last edited by wetguy on 13 May 2018, 19:03, edited 2 times in total.

Rov04
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Rov04 »

And also the about the routes when a bus stop is remove and there is a route stop in it the whole route is doomed it doesn't have any automatic system that automatically change the order of numbers of the routes you have to do it all over again from the number that where the bus stop is remove. It is only my complaint but I still love the game it's like Cities Skylines of andriod users except the 3d feature of Cities Skyline but still I love it.

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

I can definitely say that after the bus ticket system was added that I stopped using it altogether. It just didn't feel like a good investment of my time, especially when there are plug-ins that offer similar services that are much easier to use. I don't think sandbox mode should be hidden away, it should be available to everyone like it always used to be. If I had anything to say about the current situation of sandbox mode, I would say that it seems like that'll become a paid feature as well, which if it is would be very, very, disappointing. I don't think all of the paid buildings needs removal though. I can agree that landmarks should be paid for with diamonds. However, when a service has only three buildings and one is paid with diamonds, that is a bit stupid (I'm looking at you garbage disposal). Also, the big building packs such as the airports or military need more use. At the moment both of them are almost completely useless, which makes them seems like a waste of money and time to build.

Free3021
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Free3021 »

KINGTUT10101 wrote:
13 May 2018, 19:17
I can definitely say that after the bus ticket system was added that I stopped using it altogether. It just didn't feel like a good investment of my time, especially when there are plug-ins that offer similar services that are much easier to use. I don't think sandbox mode should be hidden away, it should be available to everyone like it always used to be. If I had anything to say about the current situation of sandbox mode, I would say that it seems like that'll become a paid feature as well, which if it is would be very, very, disappointing. I don't think all of the paid buildings needs removal though. I can agree that landmarks should be paid for with diamonds. However, when a service has only three buildings and one is paid with diamonds, that is a bit stupid (I'm looking at you garbage disposal). Also, the big building packs such as the airports or military need more use. At the moment both of them are almost completely useless, which makes them seems like a waste of money and time to build.
Same now it is #dontmakesanboxbepaid
#dontmakesandboxbedeleted

FranchuFranchu
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by FranchuFranchu »

waders
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:

Platform

Post by waders »

Please do not complain about the game, the game is just beta. Wait until the full version comes out

RyanVJ
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Platform

Post by RyanVJ »

waders wrote:
16 May 2018, 09:29
Please do not complain about the game, the game is just beta. Wait until the full version comes out
The purpose of complaints is to correct what the players do not like about the game so that by the time comes that the full version is released, they can fix or change things that the players do not recommend to be in the game itself.

BetterBear
Inhabitant of a Galaxy Cluster
Reactions:

Platform

Post by BetterBear »

waders wrote:
16 May 2018, 09:29
This no-sandbox already was in the "full version".

So are you waiting until the game is ruined before you will say anything?

Alphajos3312
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Alphajos3312 »

I would say that theres other potential could be used...
First, the airport system.
you should know that tourist in your country should pay visa or anything to get in your beloved country. Which means, airport system should add any income to the town/city/country you made.
Second, the sandbox.
beginner player cannot play theotown perfectly if they dont know the basic. In sandbox mode, they could use it for learning media. And when they are ready they could use difficult mode. It is important either to keep the sandbox mode. For those who like to testing plugins, or maybe want to be a creative person without wasting money, they could use this sandbox mode.
third, landmarks.
it would be better if the income on landmarks are raised again. I mean the price(diamonds) are okay but the developer could add "limitation" on this building type to prevent any cheats..
Forth, military service.
i would say if the cost should be lower. More about the barracks. Barrack are used for soldier's living. So developer should add at least habbitants function for the barrack. Otherwise, it is only waste of money.
fifth, pollution impact collor.
i feel disgust about the collor texture of pollution that affect on land or water. Since you know if pollution have four type of it(land, air, water, noise). The collor should not added anymore. The orange collor on sand, orange collor on dirt and grasses, its should be removed since the waste disposal feature is added. I mean, what people are doing until the collor in the water change a bit orange, in grasses, and othe ground textures, pollution not impact that bad. I mean, if people do smoke and the ground collor change to bit orange, isn't that weird?
Last edited by Alphajos3312 on 26 May 2018, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Hehe, and it's really funny when the time trick backfires on you. :)

BetterBear
Inhabitant of a Galaxy Cluster
Reactions:

Platform

Post by BetterBear »

This trick simply cannot be fixed, as it will require the game to have its own server for this purpose (yes, a server that can store the data of thousands of players which means it would cost probably hundreds to thousands of dollars a month. RIP Lobby's wallet)

Or, it will make the game an online game.

So the best thing to do is to simply make sure this trick wont get leaked.

Guccidaryls
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Guccidaryls »

KINGTUT10101 wrote:
13 May 2018, 19:17
I agree with you on the military and airport use thingy. It's only ever there for decoration, which is proven costly (especially the airport).

Guccidaryls
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Guccidaryls »

Alphajos3312 wrote:
25 May 2018, 23:34
I would say that theres other potential could be used...
First, the airport system.
you should know that tourist in your country should pay visa or anything to get in your beloved country. Which means, airport system should add any income to the town/city/country you made.
Second, the sandbox.
beginner player cannot play theotown perfectly if they dont know the basic. In sandbox mode, they could use it for learning media. And when they are ready they could use difficult mode. It is important either to keep the sandbox mode. For those who like to testing plugins, or maybe want to be a creative person without wasting money, they could use this sandbox mode.
third, landmarks.
it would be better if the income on landmarks are raised again. I mean the price(diamonds) are okay but the developer could add "limitation" on this building type to prevent any cheats..
Forth, military service.
i would say if the cost should be lower. More about the barracks. Barrack are used for soldier's living. So developer should add at least habbitants function for the barrack. Otherwise, it is only waste of money.
fifth, pollution impact collor.
i feel disgust about the collor texture of pollution that affect on land or water. Since you know if pollution have four type of it(land, air, water, noise). The collor should not added anymore. The orange collor on sand, orange collor on dirt and grasses, its should be removed since the waste disposal feature is added. I mean, what people are doing until the collor in the water change a bit orange, in grasses, and othe ground textures, pollution not impact that bad. I mean, if people do smoke and the ground collor change to bit orange, isn't that weird?
I totally agree with your first point.
I reckon with the ability to oversee what or how many planes you have along with a number of lanes there are....

The airport holds two important titles: DEPARTURES & ARRIVALS.

AN ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONAL could include: being able to manage airlines to different maps or countries you made. That's why you build airports. You buy your planes, and there should be an option to "CONNECT" your countries with other countries you made. (ONLY to countries that have functioning airports). And you can do the same in the other country. Am I right?

That would be pretty nice.

Yours Sincerely,
His Royal Majesty Empilā Tūlāsese of Teauila.

Free3021
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Free3021 »

I agree with @KINGTUT10101 and dankebel really if sandbox is paid or removed I'll take myself out of the game altogether and wait till Pocket City comes then shows Lobby what should've been done a long time ago

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

I personally don't like the style as much either, but the dev is saying that there will be no micro-transactions and he's even using it as a selling point.

tylertk
Settler
Reactions:

Post by tylertk »

For the sandbox complaint, I don't know if you know this but if you enable debug mode it will enable sandbox mode

FranchuFranchu
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by FranchuFranchu »

Airports increase commercial demand
also #SandboxNotRemoved

Free3021
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Free3021 »

former member wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 20:25
From what I've seen, Pocket City looks too cartoony, and a bit freemium too
No it will sincerely have NO microtransactions so it's sold

Free3021
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Free3021 »

former member wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 10:54
That's good. But i still don't like the graphic style.
Anyway graphics don't matter in games gameplay is what matters and if you don't have to buy anything apart from the actual game then I'm getting it and I won't be taken otherwise unless Bobby (the developer) becomes Lobby part 2 and cancels the paid version and makes the game free but with tons of MTs like what happened to TheoTown although the worst hasn't happened (which will be soon with metros possibly!)

Free3021
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Free3021 »

KKK wrote:
13 May 2018, 18:50
And also the about the routes when a bus stop is remove and there is a route stop in it the whole route is doomed it doesn't have any automatic system that automatically change the order of numbers of the routes you have to do it all over again from the number that where the bus stop is remove. It is only my complaint but I still love the game it's like Cities Skylines of andriod users except the 3d feature of Cities Skyline but still I love it.
And this sucks when you talk about a disaster hitting a bus stop that has a route on it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”