Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
dockinoke
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Question - Reinstalling

Post by dockinoke »

Before I do anything, what will appen if I remove and then install back the game, without clicking on "erase data"?
Will it keep all settings in the new installation?
(speaking about the same device)

Question 2: in a new device, like from smartphone to tablet, what files should I keep to migrate all maps?

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by Lobby »

Hi dockinoke,

all cities will be stored in a directory TheoTown/maps. A deinstallation won't remove this directory, so you can just reinstall it, your cities will still be there.
In order to migrate your cities to another device, you just have to copy the contents of TheoTown/maps :) .

Just as a note: TheoTown/maps won't exist, if you didn't grant TheoTown access to external storage. In order to solve this you would have to grant TheoTown access via the Android settings. After restarting TheoTown, TheoTown/maps should exist.

Konrad Williams
Settler
Reactions:

Re: Question - Reinstalling

Post by Konrad Williams »

Hi, I had a question, I reinstalled the game after uninstalling a few months agp and I have all my .city maps in my device storage, i see them in the game's file explorer but can't use them or open them, any idea on what I should do? It's the same device I had before

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Question - Reinstalling

Post by Bearbear76 »

Konrad Williams wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 21:52
Hi, I had a question, I reinstalled the game after uninstalling a few months agp and I have all my .city maps in my device storage, i see them in the game's file explorer but can't use them or open them, any idea on what I should do? It's the same device I had before
What do you mean specifically with "can't use them or open" do they not appear in the game or do they appear but you cannot open the citys (If that throws any errors please post it here). :bt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”