sandz
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

help about road pathing

Post by sandz »

a11.png
im experimenting about roads. im trying to use the build and destroy to change a tile.
like in the image(this is 4 png files a to b), which is not a crossing to be clear. both ways are just straight. when you build a t-intersection from B11 then delete it again it will be replaced with A11 or C11 dependin on direction.

build i put it to the test, and the cars wont cross. i hope game can update so it will still function since i didnt really even reverse the direction. it would really make it more flexible..

sandz
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Re: help about road pathing

Post by sandz »

it happens in a normal one way road too. can this be fixed please.
A6-b6.png

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Is this a plugin?

sandz
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by sandz »

what do you mean?
im talking about the road tiles . how south-eastwards tile no. 6 aka A6 can be replaced by north-eastwards tile no.6 aka B6 when connected as shown in second image and deleted again. but even though its still the same straight line with no reversal of direction the whole road became disfunctional. as shown in second image it happens even with the in-game one road.

i wish the game devs could make tile B6 work just like A6. as it would make the road system flexible with the ability to replace a road tile png with 2 possible replacement, to make TULEPs.

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

I'm not sure what exactly you've done and what's the issue, but to me it looks as if two things are involved here:
1. If you place a road on top of another one the road will be replaced only iff the new road has a level >= the level of the existing road. That's why country roads can replace one-way roads and vice versa (they have the same level).
2. There's a setting called auto join that controls whether near roads should be connected automatically. With debug mode and experimental features enabled this can be changed manually in the top right corner while the road tool is active. Roads can forbid auto join by using:

Code: Select all

"auto join":false
For example the highway uses this flag to prevent accidental connection of multiple lanes.

If you mean that the general direction of one-way typed roads can be changed by building one-way roads on top of them: That's intended behavior to allow the player to change general direction (I think that's what you call a, b, c, d). However, it is possible to limit that to roads that have a level that's at least as good as the road whose direction will be altered. For example you won't be able then to change general direction of highways using one-way roads.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

I always connect unconnected roads with the least level dirt road to avoid changing directions or changing the type of one of the roads.

sandz
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by sandz »

simple.png
okay, ill explain in most simple way. at above image i highlight 3 things.
yellow is what ive been referring to as A6 in earlier post.
at blue i built an T-intersection.
at red i deleted the d3 tile of the intersection, which caused A6 to be D6.

now i kow that D6 is not the reversal of A6 cause that would be C6.

well this actually good at first, because u can control the look of the road by building and deleting, except the road became not functional (cars wont cross). so why would road not function when i didnt really reversed the direction?

@lobby maybe make tiles like D6 work just like A6, cause it seems not used anyway(the straight tiles are only a6, b11, c6, d11)

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

You actually found a bug, the road shouldn't become dysfunctional because of changed one-way direction in this specific case :bf

sandz
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by sandz »

i knew it!!. those. are 4 wasted tile as far as i know(D6,B6,A11,C11).

i hope they can be fix cause i think they have good pontential use.

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

You can actually define yourself how cars should drive on your road frames. However, that's difficult to explain as there's a lot of complexity to it... The game uses an algorithm to infer this information automatically.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”