Problems with the 2 new ratings

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
ZeUbermensch
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Problems with the 2 new ratings

Post by ZeUbermensch »

Hello, this is my first post on this forum.

I've been playing this game since alpha, and it's been great to see it grow so much!

However, I've run into a few problems since the latest beta patch, 1.1.77:

One of my biggest cities in patch 1.1.75, with over 15k habitants, got completely destroyed since this patch. I used to make over a million per month and also had many tall buildings, but since this patch all of them got abandoned and I was also losing 100k per month. While it's understandable that cities might change between updates, this was simply brutal.

Nonetheless, I have run into a bigger problem. Whenever I start a new city, everything seems fine: I build only what's necessary at first (i.e. water and energy) and add more as I go on, like elementary schools for middle class inhabitants and other things, such as hospitals and parks.

Yet I always get stuck at 80% rating, despite me giving them everything I got. I have even tried sandbox mode: I placed all schools, parks everywhere, hospitals and police stations. Nothing changes at all, even middle class people don't come in!

Upon closer inspection, I see the problem: 2 "influences". Supply and Transportation. Those two things stay at 50%, and frustrate me to no end. I know the Supply rating refers to water and energy supply, yet it stays at 50%. I've replaced (in Sandbox mode, of course) all dirt roads with country roads, placed bus stops everywhere and created loads of trains. It's no use, everything stays at 50%, ruining any chance I have of making a prosper city.

Sorry for writing such a rant. I'm not angry, but curious. What has changed so much that this happens?

Hope Lobby or Theo could reply, as to clear up my doubts.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Same here. My 200,000 city now 67000. Transpotation 50% everywhere.

Another city with complete train station coverage also transportation 50% everywhere.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

ZeUbermensch
Settler
Reactions:

Post by ZeUbermensch »

CommanderABab wrote:Same here. My 200,000 city now 67000. Transpotation 50% everywhere.

Another city with complete train station coverage also transportation 50% everywhere.

Wow, that's awful. I saw your city in the screenshots section, simply spectacular. I wonder how much it must have taken to build.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

ZeUbermensch wrote:
CommanderABab wrote:Same here. My 200,000 city now 67000. Transpotation 50% everywhere.

Wow, that's awful. I saw your city in the screenshots section, simply spectacular. I wonder how much it must have taken to build.
I think it took two weeks real time.

More feedback on the new beta:
It is very tedious increasing/decreasing taxes by .1 increments. Please change this back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”