Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
LemonSoup
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Maximum Zone Sizes

Post by LemonSoup »

Hi,

I've been looking through the TheoTown forums and I don't think there's a place where all of the maximum zone sizes for residential, commercial and industrial are listed. So, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to post a list of them below in this thread.

E.g. Residential: YxY tiles, and so on.

Thanks

LemonSoup
Villager
Reactions:

Residential and Commercial Zone Sizes

Post by LemonSoup »

Okay, so I've since found the TheoTown Wikia, and have come across the following...

Residential Zone Sizes = 1x1 tiles (min) to 5x5 tiles (max)
Commercial Zone Sizes = 1x1 tiles to 6x6 tiles

So far, I haven't found any information regarding the sizes of industrial zones. And is there a minimum/maximum for harbour zones and farm zones? Could someone please let me know or guide me to where I can find the relevant information.

Thanks

CAMN
Settler
Reactions:

Post by CAMN »

When you try to create any zone, the game shows you how large it can be before it breaks it with a road. You will see the green squares, representing the area that is going to be marked and some orange squares, representing where a road is going to be created if you try to make it that big.

Having said that, the game won't stop you from creating a zone any size you want, you just have to play within those boundaries. For example, if residential zones can only be made as 5x5 squares at a single swoop, then create a 5x5 one, then expand it by creating a new one right next to that, so you can end up with a 5x10 residential area.

Just stuff I've noticed while playing.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Industrial are also 6x6. The largest land harbor zone I have seen is 4x4, the fish cannery.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

CAMN wrote:When you try to create any zone, the game shows you how large it can be before it breaks it with a road. You will see the green squares, representing the area that is going to be marked and some orange squares, representing where a road is going to be created if you try to make it that big.

Having said that, the game won't stop you from creating a zone any size you want, you just have to play within those boundaries. For example, if residential zones can only be made as 5x5 squares at a single swoop, then create a 5x5 one, then expand it by creating a new one right next to that, so you can end up with a 5x10 residential area.

Just stuff I've noticed while playing.
You can turn off the road building when zoning in the settings. Mine is always off.

LemonSoup
Villager
Reactions:

Thanks

Post by LemonSoup »

Thank you both for your replies. Perhaps, if this doesn't already exist, someone should compile of full list of information such as this and make either an in-game or online instruction manual/guide book.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”