Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
CAMN
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

City stuck?

Post by CAMN »

Hi,

I wanted to talk about an issue I've been having with my first city playing this game. It would seem it's growth has stopped, at least when it comes to anything but residential buildings.

Here is a screenshot of my city at it's current state:

And here is the current desire chart:

I'm not sure what happened really, it started just fine and then growth took a dive when I began to expand my initial village.

Here are screenshots of several view filters to offer more information:

Health
Police
Fire
Parks
Sport
Education I
Education II
Happiness

The south west residential area I built recently, it hasn't even been fully developed after about a year in-game.

Things I've tried:

- Reducing taxes: didn't do anything... well it did do something, reduce my income.
- Building sport parks: useless so far, considering everyone seems to be happy in my city.
- Building better infrastructure and services: bus stops didn't seem to affect anything at all, not sure if the police and fire departments helped or not as I've been building those all over the place since day 1.

Things I have yet to try:

- Reduce taxes to zero: because why the hell not? Maybe people will come in and I'll change the name of the city to HIPPIE-TOPIA.
- Upgrade roads to actual roads: I'm still using dirt roads, because they are 4 times cheaper than actual roads and so far traffic looks green across the map.

Anyone have any ideas about what is causing the issue in my city?

theotheoderich
The Theo in TheoTown
Reactions:

Post by theotheoderich »

Hello CAMN,

like I wrote in another thead ...the game mechanic is under permanent development.

The next update will bring some changes to the calculation system. That should fix these issues.

CAMN
Settler
Reactions:

Post by CAMN »

Thank you!

I was worried there was something wrong with the design I made (maybe the size of the areas was too small or too big), I'm glad you guys are still working on it.

Any idea if I will need to create a new city for future updates, or if the updates should work just fine with an older saved game?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”