Why?

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.

Personally, how would you like the Branderburg Gate to be implemented?

By a one-time purchase with unlimited building once bought with an IAP, even if its kinda expensive
79%
By what it is now, 50 gems per build
21%

Total votes: 24

Matison55557
Inhabitant of a Universe
Reactions:
Plugins: Show
Version: Beta
Phone: Huawei P9 lite mini

Re: Why?

Post by Matison55557 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 19:30

Yesterday I bought myself very many days of superfast speed for like several thousand diamonds. I bought it just so I would be able to use it without buying all the time. Rebooted the game and all is gone! Few thousand diamonds gone nowhere! I know I'm an IAP tester and I don't need to pay, but it still hurts me, because I also think about other players.
Ghoughpteighbteau tchoghs.

Developing a text-based city builder for pc. :mine

Help. Ants all over me. 🐜

cesareborgia94
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy 360H

Post by cesareborgia94 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 19:41

Maybe someone could fund Lobby on Theotown? If he set up maybe like Patreon maybe a generous person could fund this financial woes. Also just my opinion on solving the financial matter. Otherwise to solve financial problems on this game is:...

1.Current system: Buy diamonds for real money and getting ads.
2.Hardline approach: High priced IAPs, intrusive ads, forcing players to buy diamonds... yes this would alienate certain users but will keep the game afloat for awhile
3.Community funding: Maybe donate to the developer if you have spare cash, sharing is caring, maybe through patreon or paypal?
4.Freemium: Like some suggested a premium feature for real money, it is special for people who truly want to spend blings ...Will also alienate some users as it discriminates between the payers and free gamers.
5.Ridiculous idea: Just make Theotown a payable game at appstore ...Please disagree with me this is a crazy suggestion.
6.Allowing plugin makers to donate plugins for monetization in game, plugins for real money or diamonds for developer (would need agreement of plugin maker).
7.Allowing customization and plugin making will probably reduce the cost. [The best alternative]
8.Reduce updates. Update once in a while.
9.Spread news of Theotown so that many players can join in and hopefully a few generous players can donate to the cause.

Yea I wrote rambling sentence but just my opinion, please don't get mad just because I wrote someting that offends you. Just disagree with what I post here and post your response in a civil way.
I make small 1x1 or 2x2 plugins only.
Making plugins for fun.
❤I'm the fairy❤
Disclaimer Please no request, I'm busy with real life stuff, I hope you understand ;)
You can find me here and in discord

Pear101
Townsman
Reactions:
Phone: Huawei P10 lite

Post by Pear101 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 20:30

JustAnyone wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 18:17
You get half the price back.
Well as we are talking about diamonds, Lobby should change this
Oh! Hello everyone!
Also, i like ...to breathe

mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Post by mdk_813 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 21:22

@Lobby
I understand that money is important. And I think it is alright to make some buildings premium. But there is a limit to what is acceptable. Paying multiple times for the same thing is beyond that limit. I mean buying something once is alright, paying multiple times is not.

Personally, I would have prefered the original plan of having a free and a premium version. No diamonds no nothing, just plain buying a version that has more content.
But, if you go down the IAP route, as you did, then you shouldn't hand out diamonds for free, or at least not as extensively as you do it right now. No wonder nobodys buying any diamonds, because they can get them practically for free. The diamonds are worthless.
Your answer was to increase prices for new IAPs in very disproportional manner (like some of the new skyscrapers). Now you even want to get paid multiple times for the same thing. This seems unreasonable and you alienate your (potential) customers by doing that.

So, my suggestion would be to set reasonable and balanced prices, not doctoring around with customer-unfriendly measures like having to pay over and over for the same thing, and, improtantly, making the diamonds actually worth something. Get rid of the free-diamonds and make reasonable prices for IAPs.
My Plugins: Link

PLEASE NOTE: My plugins are not open source! So, ask me first before altering and republishing any of my plugins!

Kevin hung
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Post by Kevin hung » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10

what is going on......
Proud to be Hong Konger ( • ̀ω•́ )
:fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Phone: Moto Z Force Droid

Post by KINGTUT10101 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:21

I would definitely pay real money for IAPs, but only if they were reasonably priced and if they weren't just me paying for a single building. Like I said in the other post, I think paying for a medium to large package of content feels more justified than buying a ton of single building IAPs.

Return to “Game Discussion”