Suggestions (seriously)

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
Waikei
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Suggestions (seriously)

Post by Waikei »

Hi all. This is a good game. After one week playing, here I'd like to share my thoughts on the game. Hope these might help. Maybe developers can comment of what you think if you see this post.

1. Trees can absorb pollution & noise, so that player is encouraged to reserve more area with trees planted (greenbelt).

2. Railroad and railstations features should be added. This will make the city awesome and habitants have more choices to commute.

3. Level 3 buildings maybe? More sky-scrapers for $$$ habitants.

4. More variety of ships on water pls, like luxury boats for $$$ people, huge cargo ships for industrial harbor....

5. More variety of huge parks, like some "forest parks" or "national parks". These can be a mountain-like area covering a large space. Habitants will love them.

6. Online feature. Players can connect with each other with their own cities and can borrow/lend money to/from each other, and can take a look at other players' cities, and leave some comment of what they think.
With the online feature, maybe we can add some other resources for exchange, like science & technology, energy, water, build an embassy in your city to establish friendship with other players....

This game is awesome. I hope developers can make it better and better. It's so much fun playing it. Thanks

Strzelec
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Strzelec »

I generally agree with you, especially in the point about skyscrapers, but there is one thing which I hope I won't see in the game - social features which you've mentioned in the last point. Such thing can completely ruin a game and putting social features forcefully into a game no matter if it will make things better or not is the worst thing which can be done - I've seen way too many games DESTROYED because of it. In my opinion it is a first step into Free to Play (read Pay to Win) model which can turn even the best game into mindless clicker. I'm writing this because Theotown is THE ONLY free city building game in Google Play WITHOUT FTP and I don't want this to change.

Waikei
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Waikei »

@Strzelec

Oh I get your point, and totally agree with you. But don't get me wrong, the social feature I mentioned is not a pay-to-win thing. Instead, it's just a feature that player can see what other ppl's cities look like, and no $$ should be involved.

If developers need some$$, we are happy to donate :D

The pay-to-win thing you mentioned, I also don't like it as well. I like playing Theotown because it provides a very neat gaming experience for players. :D

theotheoderich
The Theo in TheoTown
Reactions:

Post by theotheoderich »

At the moment the maps are saved local on the Android devices of the users and not online.

So it is not possible to have a look at other players cities.

mallee78
Settler
Reactions:

Updates

Post by mallee78 »

Love. Love. Love this game. Just a few ideas

Pro sports arenas, generate revenue, boost happiness

Crime? I have had towns go for years and no crime?

You must connect your whole city and all roads, makes the game more realistic.

Universities? Or is that the higher Ed thing? Lol

Bigger range on some things IE fire houses, some of the boosters, their small range makes them pointless to build.

Adjusted happiness ratings to make it harder to increase them and decrease them

TV stations

Just ideas, love this game seriously. So fun! Great time waster lol

10Goody12
Settler
Reactions:

Post by 10Goody12 »

I really really love the game! This game is probably the best game on Google play. But I've been playing for a while and some ideas came to mind, and so I felt like sharing them! :)

Sound Barriers
Perhaps a different kind of road, a more expensive road that does not let the sound level from one side get to the other.

Airports
Perhaps 3 different size airports, gradually getting bigger and more expensive. They're purpose would be to sacrifice some money or revenue for population.

Wonders
Perhaps generic "Great x" or "y wonder" wonders that are really expensive (perhaps when placed they are just piles of materials that have to be built) and massive testaments to how awesome you are. They add to population just like airports, which leads into the next suggestion.

Tourism
Perhaps a statistic in percent (ex. Percentage of total starting population gained after one year).

More immersion in stadiums
Maybe small animations and random live score for a game where you could have a generic "home" and "away" or you could give your team a name and like, 2 colours. It would give a sense of pride and just pure happiness to see your little people play stuff and win things! Then you could make the stadium upgrades make or lose money according to what they do or how the game goes.

I feel like some of these, if not, all of these are a bit far fetched. I'm sorry. It would be really nice if these things were in the game, but sometimes they just don't go with the style or the aim of what you want to do with it. I'm sorry if anyone else has mentioned these. If you have mentioned them, you should probably take the credit for the idea. But we're all in this together, so it's fine. :D

FrankAlexander
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

My Suggestions

Post by FrankAlexander »

Really love this (gerne of) game, keep up the good work!

1. Making (more) decisions like a Mayor that influence the city
2. Neighboring towns where you can link roads and share power, water
3. An (online) Region/Country where you can build your city/cities and connect them
4. Garbage and Dumping ground
5. Newst ticker that gives tips and warnings
6. Diagonal placement of roads (railroad in future?)
7. Hills and slopes (variable ground level)
8. Airport and planes
9. Library
10. Jails
11. Themepark / Zoo
12. Beach/Shore placement
13. Day/Night cycle with Streetlights / Building lights / Traffic

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Two suggestions:

1. Color code the trains according to the general zone they started from or are going to.

2. A parkland zone that would build parks to fit the available space, deducting the price from the estate of course. Or a nature zone that would grow trees back.

10Goody12
Settler
Reactions:

Re: Suggestions (seriously)

Post by 10Goody12 »

Introduction
I commented on this topic before. A very long time ago, and I feel the ideas were quite far-fetched. So, I thought about some new ideas that I feel are a bit simpler, and add to the sense of making a city your own. :D

Ideas

- An overlay for road names and districts. You can select areas (like when building zones) and then name them. Some areas would be for roads, and there could be a map overlay where the names could be seen. As for districts, same idea, just different overlay. I think it would be really nice to think about road names when talking about your city, or talking about bus routes and such.

- A special bus system. Long distance busses. They just travel further, and have special stops.

- Camping & beach decor; camping areas, with little tents. Perhaps decorations for little tents and water pumps and outhouses or public bathrooms.

- A subway system. This one is a big one, but the way it could work, is like the water pipe system. You build the tunnels under, and build the stations, but the stations also appear on the surface.

Skyhunter117
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Skyhunter117 »

..is it me, or does this thread seem... fishy..

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

How so?

Brody Craft
Inhabitant of a Infinity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Brody Craft »

This trhead seem to be "dead"

Skyhunter117
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Skyhunter117 »

No, most of these users are new to the fourm (it anit bad), but i feel like its alts. (I am probably (mostly) wrong).
...so idk, idc, if they are players, cool! I haven't met any of them yet so ...WELCOME! TO! THE! FOURM!...
Sorry ._.

Barky
TheoTown Cartographer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Barky »

There is no point waking up dead threads :|

This is how the forum was last year

Please try not to wake up dead threads unless there is a solid reason

...else :fire

Brody Craft
Inhabitant of a Infinity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Brody Craft »

Very back then they didnt have some features as today

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

But there was a reason...
ABab was suggesting more stuff and former member was responding to suggestions.

Barky
TheoTown Cartographer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Barky »

Commander suggested more stuff...

A year ago...

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

I guess I didn't read the year then lol

10Goody12
Settler
Reactions:

Post by 10Goody12 »

former member wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 01:52
10Goody12 wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 00:26
Introduction
I commented on this topic before. A very long time ago, and I feel the ideas were quite far-fetched. So, I thought about some new ideas that I feel are a bit simpler, and add to the sense of making a city your own. :D

Ideas

- An overlay for road names and districts. You can select areas (like when building zones) and then name them. Some areas would be for roads, and there could be a map overlay where the names could be seen. As for districts, same idea, just different overlay. I think it would be really nice to think about road names when talking about your city, or talking about bus routes and such.

- A special bus system. Long distance busses. They just travel further, and have special stops.

- Camping & beach decor; camping areas, with little tents. Perhaps decorations for little tents and water pumps and outhouses or public bathrooms.

- A subway system. This one is a big one, but the way it could work, is like the water pipe system. You build the tunnels under, and build the stations, but the stations also appear on the surface.
1. It exists, it's called "label" in decoration tab

4. Already in work
I know the label thing is there. I just feel that the letters are too big for road. I envisioned slanted text along the roads. Small text.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”