mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Question about savegames storage

Post by mdk_813 »

Hi there,
I noticed that the "maps" folder on my device is getting bigger and bigger, because the number of saved maps increases more and more. For one of my cities there are like 50 different savegames (named like this: cityname.city.store50 etc.) stored in there.
Can I erase older savegames safely in order to free up storage space or would that cause problems?

Josh
Graphic designer
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Question about savegames storage

Post by Josh »

@mdk_813 you can move your folders to your sd cart (if you have a lot of room there, and test theotown out). After that you can safely delete city store 1-49 and keep city store 50. But don't forget to check it out first!

mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Platform

Post by mdk_813 »

Josh wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 01:12
you can move your folders to your sd cart (if you have a lot of room there, and test theotown out). After that you can safely delete city store 1-49 and keep city store 50. But don't forget to check it out first!
Thanks. Do you mean copy or move to sd-card? Because that would make a difference, wouldn't it?
Besides that: You have a P9 lite too, right? Do you know how to move apps to the sd-card with this phone? Is that even possible?

mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Platform

Post by mdk_813 »

Thanks, I will make a backup then and start deleting the older files. If it doesn't work, I'll just copy the backup back ;)

The P9 lite has Android 7.0 by now. But I still don't know if and how moving apps to sd-card works.

Josh
Graphic designer
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Josh »

mdk_813 wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 14:03
Thanks, I will make a backup then and start deleting the older files. If it doesn't work, I'll just copy the backup back ;)

The P9 lite has Android 7.0 by now. But I still don't know if and how moving apps to sd-card works.
Tools folder>>files>>local>>internal storage>>theotown>>maps>>hold a file>>select the files you want to move>>select move>>go to local (left at the top>>SD cart>>make your own theotown folder>>select move

I hope this can help you :)

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

Sorry for the (really) late answer, but yes, you can just delete all .store files. They're for backup purposes like the .backup files.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”