Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
WhyNotSmile
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

How do cities in regions interact?

Post by WhyNotSmile »

I’ve never been sure how different cities within a region interact… like, can they share police, hospital etc, or is it only the things that are specifically exported?

In terms of exports, is there a recommended way to manage those? So, for instance, is it worth setting up one city to just supply water and power to all the others? Has anyone tried that?

Does an airport serve the whole region? So if I build an airport in one city, does that get used by the other cities in the region?

What about trains? Does every city need to handle long distance trains, or can I just put some big stations in a few cities and then local stations in the rest?

How does traffic work if a road leads to another city, but that city doesn’t have the same quality of road leading onwards? Will that slow down the traffic leaving the first city, or does it act independently so it still leaves quickly?

Rad
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: How do cities in regions interact?

Post by Rad »

Your city in a region is pretty much isolated

NotPFA
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by NotPFA »

WhyNotSmile wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 11:32
In terms of exports, is there a recommended way to manage those? So, for instance, is it worth setting up one city to just supply water and power to all the others? Has anyone tried that?
Power plants, water punps, waste disposal and funeral services(buildings) built on one city only supplies or serves that city, but you can sell to or buy from neighbouring cities in the neighbourhood commercial screen (this feature is not available for single cities (cities that are not within a region), or online cities (for now)or online cities (for now))

WhyNotSmile
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by WhyNotSmile »

Ok, thanks! I was wondering because I have 2 cities next to each other in my region; one has the big police HQ, and when I started the second one it already had full police cover, even though I hadn’t built a police station yet. I just wondered whether the SWAT team from the neighbouring city were covering it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”