Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
alanlyc
Settler
Reactions:

Platform

Range to capacity ratio

Post by alanlyc »

(Sorry if this is too long)

The range to capacity ratio for schools in this game is absolutely insane. Your average primary school have a range (radius) of roughly 20 tiles. If we use the 1 tile = 10 meters scale, it means that if you don’t live within 200 meters of a school you are uneducated.

Just think about it for a moment, this is not how it works right? You know, there is a magical thing called a school bus. It can transport students from their homes to the school, so they can go to a school that is far away. Even without school buses you can use normal buses or maybe metros or subway, just public transportation in general.

And the problem with the ridiculously short range is that the primary school’s capacity for 800 students will never come close to being used up if the area is not particularly dense. You are just wasting money for the capacity you will never be able to use, and you have no other options because if you lower the performance it decreases the range as well.

Maybe there is a plugin to solve this but I think this problem shouldn’t exist in the first place. There should be an in game option to either increase the range or opt out of the unneeded capacity (or just another type of “high range school” or whatever), so education wouldn’t cost more than ALL OTHER ASPECTS of city services COMBINED.

I believe similar things are happening for hospitals, where very little portion of the hospital capacity is actually used (I have a hospital that only uses 6% of its capacity). If it was not for TheoTown’s unbelievable low health care costs, it would have been a serious problem.
Though I would suggest an option for lowering the capacity, but not increasing the range.

By the way originally I posted a shorter version of this in the Suggestion section, but for whatever reason that was disapproved because “the reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product”.
Definitely reasonable for a post that has the only purpose of telling people about overly unrealistic game behavior and providing a suggestion.

Mendel
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Re: Range to capacity ratio

Post by Mendel »

I agree 👍 this is wrong ❌.

Mendel
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Re: Range to capacity ratio

Post by Mendel »

And don't forget the costly but still unbelievable ambulance 🚑 also exists. Here in my country, an ambulance can carry 5 people at a time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”